When you order a server or VPS, you should have received an email with the following:
- An IP
- A username (often
root, but in scaleway, you will be asked when installing the OS)
- A password
Manual for Windows users
- If you don't have PuTTY, you can doanload it here. Once downloaded, click the .exe and follow the instructions to install.
- You will need to enter your server details of IP, username, password.
- On first login you may be presented with a warning, you need to confirm it's your server and then continue.
- After login, you may see following things:
Welcome to Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-124-generic x86_64)
* Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com
* Management: https://landscape.canonical.com
* Support: https://ubuntu.com/advantage
System information as of Fri Jan 15 16:11:47 CET 2021
System load: 0.0 Processes: 167
Usage of /: 36.0% of 10GB Users logged in: 1
Memory usage: 12% IP address for eth0: 192.168.0.15
Swap usage: 0%
* Introducing self-healing high availability clusters in MicroK8s.
Simple, hardened, Kubernetes for production, from RaspberryPi to DC.
* Canonical Livepatch is available for installation.
- Reduce system reboots and improve kernel security. Activate at:
49 packages can be updated.
15 updates are security updates.
Manual for Linux/OS X users
Connecting to your server via Linux or OSX with following steps:
Open a terminal
ssh [email protected]
You may receive a warning about the host key. Type "yes" to verify.
Enter your password